What Does the Webinar Cover?
Biomagnetic separation has proven to be a quick, efficient and clean process in Life Sciences. However, most researchers and developers focus only on the magnetic beads or particles to optimize their separation process. The effectivity of the biomagnetic separation depending on the magnetic carrier is only half of the story. To have the complete picture we also need to pay attention to the role of the applied magnetic field on the play. Not understanding or controlling the parameters linked to the magnetic separator will result in failure when developing new applications, and also in industrializing lab-scale developments. The webinar will review the basic concepts of magnetic separation and help the attendees understand how advanced systems may enlight key aspects of the process. These concepts will be applied to parameterize, monitor and validate the magnetic beads behavior in controlled conditions. Afterwards, the discussion will focus on how to transfer the correctly characterized biomagnetic separation process from laboratory to production scale. Finally, the webinar will address how to use this knowledge to assure the quality of the magnetic-carriers based products.
What Will You Learn?
- Parameters to pay attention to in order to have a consistent biomagnetic separation process.
- How to validate the magnetic beads behavior.
- Tools used to assure the quality of magnetic-carriers based products.
- The methodology to safely transfer the biomagnetic separation processes from laboratory to production scale.
Who Should Attend?
- Researchers developing bead based assays in molecular biology and immunoassays